[Lazarus] 2nd call (PPC needed for MAc) [Re: Beta testers needed / Lazarus with Editor-Macro-Script]

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Dec 7 16:21:17 CET 2012

On 07/12/2012 10:46, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Henry Vermaak wrote:

>>> Hosted on what OS? I can do Linux but wasn't aware of an alternative.
>>
>> The code only worked for darwin, unless someone added support for linux
>> procedure call.  There isn't much difference between the two (iirc).
>
> I thought it was something like that from when I tried it a week ago,
> but wanted to make sure it wasn't something I could usefully do.
>
> [Slightly later] Still appears to be Darwin-only, unless I'm doing
> something wrong.
>
> I don't have Darwin and don't even know whether I could run it on my
> G3 PPC Mac.

Well I have no idea even what the diff is between darwin, IOS, and all
the other stuff apple did....

I also can't promise that I will be able to fix any of this.

I was able to find my way through the intel 64 bit stuff in pascal
script.  And I would give it a try. (but I do need stuff like ABI info
(and I have no indent to read dozens of pages.) It is not my idea to
maintain pascal script. But I would like it to work, where I can archive
it with little effort, as it is used by the EditorMacro script.

The consequence si that only people with cectain CPU/OS will be able to
use pascalScript macros in the IDE.