[Lazarus] 2nd call (PPC needed for MAc) [Re: Beta testers needed / Lazarus with Editor-Macro-Script]

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 17:50:30 CET 2012

On 7 December 2012 15:15, Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
> On 07/12/2012 09:43, Henry Vermaak wrote:
>> The code only worked for darwin, unless someone added support for linux
>> procedure call.  There isn't much difference between the two (iirc).
>>

> Lets see if it works for darwin.
>
> Do you have a list (not a huge doc, just a few lines) where the ABI differ?

No, you will have to compare the documents yourself.  I believe linux
follows the sysv abi as specified by IBM, but there may be some
deviations.

When I implemented the ARM version, I only had oabi operating systems
(with softfloat) and fpc didn't even have working eabi support.  That
has changed now, and the code will have to be modified for armhf (with
vfp3) using eabi to support most of the latest arm devices.  This will
be a more invasive change, though

Also note that I never used classes with pascalscript, so that
probably never worked.  I still find this exercise a bit crazy,
though, since all this knowledge is already in the compiler, which
could harness it to implement an "invoke" function, which would mean
that pascalscript won't need any platform specific code.

Henry