[Lazarus] 2nd call (PPC needed for MAc) [Re: Beta testers needed / Lazarus with Editor-Macro-Script]

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Dec 8 00:28:00 CET 2012

On 07/12/2012 23:22, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Vincent Snijders wrote:
>> 2012/12/7 Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk>:
>>> My Mac's only got the proprietary Mac OS on it- in fact it might be
>>> OS 8
>>> rather than OS 9- which doesn't have Darwin's unix-based
>>> architecture. My
>>> understanding is that this never has and never will be targeted by FPC.
>>
>> Mac OS is irrelevant for Lazarus, but the compiler claims to support it:
>> michael-ep3:~ fpcfan$ ppcppc -i
>> Free Pascal Compiler version 2.6.0
>>
>> Compiler Date      : 2012/01/23
>> Compiler CPU Target: powerpc
>>
>> Supported targets:
>>   Linux for PowerPC
>>   Mac OS for PowerPC
>>   Darwin for PowerPC
>>   NetBSD for PowerPC (under development)
>>   MorphOS
>>   AmigaOS for PowerPC
>>   Wii (under development)
>
> Please, Vincent: I've got enough problems at this end without getting
> sidetracked into another operating system :-)
>
> Martin: you /really/ don't want me to follow that up. OK?

NO.

And I think there was a misunderstanding somewhere.

My goal was to get a subset (preferable a big subset) of EXISTING
targets (targets that fpc already has) to run (run pascalscript on them).

I never intended to add new targets or something like that.

Also strictly I am only interested in targets, on which the Lazarus IDE
will work.
( I have an extension to he IDE, than uses pascalscript.  )

---
About Mac: I am not a MAc user, so I said, I did not know the naming of
whatever runs on different MACs.

But the one I am interested, is the one, on which the IDE currently works.