[Lazarus] delete shaddah or damma on a character [Re: Arabic beta tester for SynEdit needed]

patspiper patspiper at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 17:13:14 CET 2012

On 08/12/12 16:51, Martin wrote:
> On 07/12/2012 06:46, patspiper wrote:
>> - If you put a shaddah or damma on a character, it gets displayed on
>> top of the character (correct behaviour). Pressing backspace at this
>> stage should only delete that addition, and not the character.
>
> Does that also apply for "delete" (as in delete next char, opposite of
> backspace).
Delete removes both as well.

> Since that deletes the actual char, it would leave the shaddah. So I
> guess in that case better delete all?
I tested with Libre Office, and the backspace removes the shaddah while
delete removes both.

I can give a practical example where this is behaviour needed. When one
types a character and follows it by a fat7a, but by mistake types a
damma, then backspace should not necessitate the typing of the original
character once again.

Stephano