[Lazarus] Tprogressbar and positional info as ptrint.

Andrew Brunner atbrunner at aurawin.com
Tue Dec 11 18:55:07 CET 2012

On 12/05/2012 01:48 PM, Andrew Brunner wrote:
> I'm getting overflow exceptions on values greater than integer.  Can someone revise all values from integer to ptrint so on 64 bit systems it will be valid.

Ok, I have a patch for the LCL but before we get further I think we need
more discussion on ptrInt vs actual use of Int64 on 32bit systems.

Great news!  The widget set on GTK2 automatically scales the min/max
value and just passes a fraction of the filler and GTK2 does the rest.

So the question becomes, what is the best variable to use for allowance
as valid Min/Max/Position? I think at this point it is safest to use
PtrInt but one could make the case for Int64 if Int64 is widely used in
TStreams - even on 32bit oses.

So the question becomes... Is the use of int64  actually ubiquitous on a
32bit system?  If so, it may stand to reason that the values of Progress
bar be expanded to Int64 even on 32bit systems.

Any feedback or ideas are welcome.