[Lazarus] Converting pence into pounds and then to string

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 13:17:16 CET 2012

On 12/12/2012 11:23, Richard Mace wrote:
> Hi All, Got a simple question that has stumped me, which tends to
> happen if I don't do development for a couple of months.
>
> How's the best way of converting an integer number "208" (that is
> pence) into a string value that is in pounds (2.08)
>
> Thanks as always in advance.
>
> Richard

-ENOTENOUGHINFO (do you assume 2 decimal places always?)

but simplest variable precision would probably be

function PenceToString(ANumber: integer; APrecision : integer = 2):string
begin
  Result := Format('%.'+IntToStr(APrecision)'f',[ANumber div (10**APrecision)]);
end;

:] (assuming the ** operator actually works)

L.