[Lazarus] Support for SQLite virtual table?

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 10:49:07 CET 2012

On 18-12-2012 10:46, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Dec 2012, Krzysztof wrote:
>
>>> A virtual table means you will handle storage. So I think you must
>>> always
>>> implement all methods required to handle that ?
>>

>> After creating virtual table it should working like normal table (with
>> joining etc) handled by TSQLite3Dataset. That it worked on PostgreSQL.
>
> You mean a temporary table ?
>
> I'm not an expert, but this is IMHO a completely different concept.

An SQLite virtual table is implemented by code called by the SQLite DLL
(or presumably compiled into it).
AFAIU, it is opaque to consumers of the sqlite DLL (except that perhaps
they know it's a virtual table and there might be some other ways to
manipulate it).... so it's similar to say implementing UDFs in Firebird
as far SQLDB is concerned.