[Lazarus] Text selection with numeric keypad on Linux

Bernd Mueller mueller.b at gmx.net
Thu Dec 20 17:31:44 CET 2012

Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> In that case the GTK sends for Shift+Numpad 1 a "Numpad 1" key (without the
> Shift).
> You can grab that key ("Numpad 1" without Shift) to the "Select Line End" key
> mapping of Lazarus. The Shift+Numpad 1 selects til the end.

thank you, that works.

Now I have the problem with Shift-Up and Shift-Down. I want to replace
these keys too, but I can not find the corresponding commands.

I used the "Find key combination" in the "Key Mappings" dialog and
"grabbed" then for Shift-Up. Then the filter is active, but there is no
single command available in the list box. The list box is completely
empty. The same for Shift-Down. Aren't these keys not mappable?

Regards, Bernd.