[Lazarus] SEGFAULT: difference between pointer and dynarray?

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Sun Dec 30 14:01:38 CET 2012

> 1) from the source code of lua52.pas, how do you know the array parameter
to luaL_newlib() accepts only static array but not dynamic array?

No, I didn't say that. Only the pointer version is correct. The array
version is wrong despite the array type passed, this is due to the pointer
addresses being invalid (from one function call to another) maybe.

> If you don't read the source code or document of lua API?

Lua API is consistent, it uses whatever C provides. Thus it can only accept
pointer, since C can only pass that as well.

> 2) If the api only accept static array but I passed dynamic array and
> hence it crashed, then it is my fault, not FPC compilers.   In such case,
> shall I still file a bug report?

We don't know yet, it's just my investigation. We need people with more
knowledge.

> 3) Finally, if I still file a bug, can I just ask the reviewer to read
> this mail thread as it is archived?

Better copy and paste the relevant parts, so the report is concise.