[Lazarus] no driver and com printing

fikri zainul fikrizainul at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 10 10:38:35 CET 2012

Hi all,
I have a printer (Epson TM U220D, plugged in COM1 port) and my OS Linux/Fedora10
I can't found the driver printer for this OS (only for SUSE and Ubuntu that Epson provided).
(Using Generic/TextOnly driver, not working)

So, I can't do printing process for my lazarus application.

My first question is,

[?] Do you know how to handle this situation? (Driver problem)

Temporary, I try to print via command line (Terminal/Dos command like) to the printer
using command line 'cat textfile.log > /dev/ttyS0',

and it's worked. Something printed.

And the (second) question is,

[?] How to apply this command (multiple lines sometimes) in Lazarus Code?

(By pressing from a button maybe) Can you all give me some codes to execute?

Thank you for reading my question(s)  :) !