[Lazarus] ListView problems

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Feb 10 14:39:43 CET 2012

As mentioned in Mantis #18820 I tried to verify the OwnerData
implementation, and get nothing displayed (Win7). Most probably because
[Do]OnData is never called.

Some questions are still open:

Can OwnerData be changed at runtime?
If so, what happens to the non-OwnerData Items? Are these lost when
switching into OwnerData mode and back again?
My test program crashed with an AV in TListItems.IndexOf when switched
into OwnerData mode.

How is Sorted supposed to work?
Added(?) items seem not to be sorted properly, when changing SortType
from stNone to stText.

Provided that we agree that OwnerData should be changeable at runtime, I
can extend the ListView example with according test facilities, so that
we have a common test application for the demonstration of the remaining
problems.

DoDi