[Lazarus] Trunk IDE won't display project's main form

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 09:10:49 CET 2012

I'm in an uncomfortable situation where the last few weeks' worth of
trunk won't display a project's main form (populated only with standard
controls) and won't compile it to anything reliable (noting other
discussion, it's got a background thread). I got here because of fixes
to the SPARC code generation which propelled me onto FPC 2.7.1, and
fixes to Lazarus's gdb interface. After investigation yesterday I'm
fairly confident that this problem is not CPU-specific, the first part
(form display) appears to be something to do with GTK2.

I've got two questions:

i)  If anybody thinks this is worth raising as a bug, what is the
maximum amount of the project that I can attach as an example? I'm not
confident that I can remove stuff from it using any Lazarus that can
read and display it properly, but I presume that nobody'd want a project
containing a dozen or so files.

ii) Allowing that the GUI-oriented stuff hasn't changed significantly in
the program since it was on 0.9.30, how can I take the project and force
it to be saved without any recently-introduced properties which now make
reading unreliable on anything older than trunk?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk