[Lazarus] Lazarus slow on large files

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Feb 15 09:14:13 CET 2012

Hi,

I was doing some test programming for android.
The android SDK unit contains 68000 lines (.pas and .inc together).
Opening it in the IDE (by right-clicking an identifier in my sources)
virtually stops the IDE.

The source of the android include file are drawn, but the scrollbars are not drawn,
scrolling or navigating the source does not work, and the IDE is generally
totally unresponsive. Only closing the tab again makes the IDE responsive.
(and even the closing takes a while).

All this is on Linux, GTK, 64-bit, Lazarus from yesterday.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems ?

Michael.