[Lazarus] Filtering on date with TDbf

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 10:52:02 CET 2012

On 1-2-2012 10:40, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
> AFAIK, TDbf is has no SQL, so this can't be used. Besides, with Firebird
> ... where datum >= '5.9.2011'
> is perfectly valid to have all dates from/including sept 5 2011, I just
> checked.
PMFJI, but don't, please DON'T use this date notation. dd/mm/yy or
mm/dd/yy notations are often parsed depending on OS locale settings and
in any case ambiguous between e.g. US and Europeans.

As earlier suggested, try to be unambiguous in Firebird as well and use
'CCYY-MM-DD HH:NN:SS.nnnn' or 'YY-MM-DD HH:NN:SS.nnnn' (".nnnn" element
is optional).

> So, any other suggestions ?
> Thanks for your replies.
Sorry, no idea about the dbf filter...