[Lazarus] Filtering on date with TDbf

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Thu Feb 2 18:02:46 CET 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-02 at 10:45 +0100, Koenraad Lelong wrote:

> Unfortunately, this does not help. The application I'm writing extracts
> data from the database. The input into the database is handled by an old
> application (dbase or a derivate), and I don't have the sources of it.
> So I can't modify the database.
>
> If there is no solution, I will have to stick with Delphi then.
> Is this a deliberate omission, or a bug ? Should I file a bugreport ?

There's no difference between Delphi's tDbf and Free Pascal's tDbf.
Although since tDbf is not maintained anymore, the Free Pascal version
has some fixes which aren't in the 'official' tDbf version.

And if I remember exactly,  tDbf can not filter on '>' and '<' but it
uses 'gt' and 'lt'. Why it did work on Delphi I don't know, though.

Joost.