[Lazarus] lazarus for arm-linux

Ajay Garg ajaygargnsit at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 07:30:05 CET 2012

Hi Felipe.

Heartful thanks for the reply.

I wish to run Lazarus on arm-liux, and build the target for itself
(arm-linux that is).

I was able to procure fpc-2.4.4, and install it on the arm-linux machine.
I also checked-out Lazarus from the link you gave; and ran "make bigide".

It ran fine for a while, but then termintaed, with the following error ::

Compiling outputfilter.pas
Fatal: Compilation aborted
An unhandled exception occurred at $00089FB8 :
EAccessViolation : Access violation
 <
BUNCH
OF
ADDREESSES

make[2]: *** [lazarus] Error 217
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/ajay/lazarus/ide'
make[1]: *** [bigide] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/ajay/lazarus/ide'
make: *** [idebig] Error 2

What could I try? I may have been very stupid in missing something :|

Regards,
Ajay

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Ajay Garg <ajaygargnsit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does there exist a lazarus for "linux-arm"?

Yes. But to better help you, you should much much more precise: Do you
want to run Lazarus on arm-linux? Or run Lazarus in x86-linux and
cross-compile to arm-linux?

In either case you need to define much better what is "arm" in your
case. Which device exactly are you targeting? It is not at all like
there is only 1 ARM, because there are many configurations which are
important, like the ARM version, if there is a FPU or not, etc.

> If yes, I will be grateful
> if someone could point me to its links.

Download Lazarus Trunk via subversion as explained here:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Getting_Lazarus#Getting_Lazarus_SVN_development_version

And then build it from your linux command line with the command "make bigide"

But you will need a newer FPC as 2.2.2 is too old. At least 2.4.2 is
required at the moment.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho