[Lazarus] Extending FCL documentation

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 16:06:06 CET 2012

On 8 February 2012 16:49, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> That depends on what developers will say and if this idea will achieve
> a majority among core developers,

Well, could that be discussed between the core developers and a
definite answer be given to us mere mortals. That would be nice to
finally have an answer.

> The wiki and the offline help complement themselves and should link to
> each other.

I think that is more "fragmentation of documentation", thus making in
more difficult for somebody to search and fine help. The wiki is also
not searchable offline, hense my suggestion to stop using the wiki,
and make all those topics available in a offline format, and only use
the offline format from then onwards.

> All of our offline help is in XML files for fpdoc.

That is only class documentation! What about the IDE documentation,
database documentation, tutorials etc. Do you not think it useful
having those in a offline format?

  - Graeme -