[Lazarus] Extending FCL documentation

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Feb 8 16:48:41 CET 2012

On Wed, 8 Feb 2012 15:29:40 +0100
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:
> >  - define and implement a help viewer interface (this might be based on the
> > "external Tool" interface or on packets that need recompilation)
>
> This is probably already implemented. I followed the instructions in
> the wiki and click in synedit over TButton, press F1 and it opens
> TButton in LHelp.

That is the help for pascal sources. The IDE feeds the LCL help
system and the chmhelppkg package has registered help for the LCL
sources.

Last week I implemented a package (examples/idehelp/demoidehelp.lpk) to
demonstrate the IDE's help system. At the moment it demonstrates help
for messages, keywords, fpc directives, IDE directives and helpcontext
properties. It does not yet have an example for context sensitive help for pascal
sources.
The good news is that there is already an example for that: The
package externhelp demonstrates how to get help for the windows unit,
gtk2 and postgresql.

There are also examples how to register viewers: one that uses a
LCL form and one that simply opens a browser.

Of course there is still plenty to do before all the available help work
out of the box. There is progress.

Mattias