[Lazarus] RE : Trunk IDE won't display project's main form

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 18:49:15 CET 2012

zeljko wrote:

 >> If I fill in the database login form execution appears to continue,
 >> despite the "Execution stopped" dialog(ue), with a form displayed
 >> which should display data derived from a database on a server.
 >> However nothing useful is displayed, and a diagnostic (coloured
 >> asterisk) suggests that the background thread that talks to the
 >> database has done what's necessary but then things have ground to
 >> a halt.
 >>
 >> So in short, I think there are (at least) two separate problems here:
 >> the first is an IDE problem affecting GTK2, and the second is a
 >> possible thread/sync problem which affects both GTK2 and Qt.
 >
 > hm...very strange. Can you post:
 > 1.X11 version.
 > 2.Gtk2 lib version
 > 3.Qt lib version
 > 4.kernel and libc version.

I hate to admit this, but could you remind me of how to get library and
X versions? I think you probably do it rather more often than I do :-)

In actual fact it happens on at least two systems: a SPARC based on
Debian "Etch" and an x86 based on Debian "Lenny". And it didn't used to
happen on either, since I was routinely building on both.

I'm planning to assume that I've got some screwed projects, focus on x86
(so as not to risk any bugs due to endianness, although I believe SPARC
is OK by now) and go back in local svn to a point that will allow me to
build reliably on 0.9.30+2.6.0.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk