[Lazarus] Adding Notes in FPDoc

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 14 09:58:42 CET 2012

Am 14.02.2012 09:48, schrieb Michael Schnell:
> On 02/13/2012 04:20 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> Despite DocViews obvious intrinsic qualities:
>>
>> I seriously doubt that, for the simple reason it is not implemented
>> using the LCL.
> Is the CHM viewer based on the LCL ?

Yes, it is.

> I don't know if/how it is possible to create an installable Lazarus
> Package as a wrapper for (non-LCL) DocView to allow for using it as a
> help viewer decently integrated with the IDE.

It should be possible as the package for the CHM viewer is basically
doing the same (the lhelp application is independant of the IDE). The
only thing needed for DocView is the possibility to communicate using
IPC (@Graeme?).

Please note: it's not a technical problem that DocView is not using the
LCL, but a distribution problem.

Regards,
Sven