[Lazarus] Adding Notes in FPDoc

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Feb 14 11:31:30 CET 2012

On 02/14/2012 10:42 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> I don't really see this as a problem. After all, you need to download
> the INF or CHM or HTML or PDF offline help anyway.

The "distribution" (version 1.0) might include those.

> Not many people want to go the "build your own docs" route.

But please don't forget them ! A dummy-aware way to create all of them
is necessary on the svn.

> A DocView binary is available for download (a small download at that),
> just like the pre-generated documentation.

Hmm. I would prefer a complete "version 1.0" distribution including an
LCL binary with a pre-installed offline help viewer (including an
external binary if necessary) and including the necessary package
file(s) that allow recompiling the IDE and for installing a different
help viewer if the user likes and to re-install the default help viewer.

Regarding you last lines: I feel that for "version 1.0", a decent
offline help viewer *needs* to be included in the user-distribution, and
as this discussion showed, DocView is the only candidate that is (1)
versatile enough, (2) has powerful supporter(s) and (3) can be brought
in a form valid for distribution in an appropriately short amount of time.

-Michael