[Lazarus] installing chm help

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 15 12:25:41 CET 2012

Am 15.02.2012 12:17, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> On 15 February 2012 12:56, Sven Barth wrote:
>> searching for Writeln in the search tab of lHelp works (Note: Other
>> identifiers that are not physically present in the system unit are not shown
>> either, like "Boolean". But e.g. PtrInt exists)
>
> In my setup, DocView is told to automatically open up 4 help files,
> when I press F1. It loads the FPC Language Reference, RTL, FCL and
> fpGUI class docs. So Boolean will be found in the FPC Language
> Reference, PtrInt in the RTL etc. No need for me to open various help
> files manually.

Then it is indeed a problem of either the IDE or the integration
package, because I have the ref.chm available as well. It might be that
the IDE tries to find the identifier, but fails, because they are
intrinsics (the help system does more checking and resolving than your
external tool).

Regards,
Sven