[Lazarus] How about Ctrl+Shift+Alt+Space completes code with empty values.

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 13:35:08 CET 2012

On 15/02/2012 10:27, Everton Vieira wrote:

> As a code complementation suggestion theres no need to put 0 instead
> is better only put the comma when the parameter is required.

[...]

> This idea came when i had to type about ten times a function like
> this func('', '', [], '', [] , []); wich time the parameters changed,
> of course i did ctrl+c ctrl+v. This would be only a very subtle
> behavior. Like every one knows, details are in the art of the
> elegancy.

Well as such, it /may/ be viable and useful (put just commas _between_ parameters)
but '' and [] is making an exception to the rule so I'd rather
func(,,,,,) or func( , , , , , ) than what you suggest;
This however requires that you can only add parameters to the last place of definition,
and never-ever reorder them, having the editor track that you've added a parameter
in the middle of the definition and change invocation accordingly is probably not going
to be well-accepted maintenance-wise...

What for the functions that have parameters with default values, that are only used
in exceptional cases ? Do you want to show the non-default param placeholders only?

L.