[Lazarus] installing chm help

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Feb 15 17:50:13 CET 2012

On 2/15/2012 03:33, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 02/14/2012 07:33 PM, waldo kitty wrote:
>> placed the cursor on a pascal keyword (ie: implementation in the currently
>> opened file from when i opened the lhelp.lpi), pressed F1 and... no help :(
>>
> To get context help for pascal language keywords, you need to install a combined
> chm file that (in addition to the standard LCL) help includes FPC language help
> (and hopefully help on help, IDE help, RTL help, you name it.

i understand what you are saying but lhelp is working, when i attempt to look up
something that it can find, with more than one chm file... there are three of
them in the "latest stable" documentation archive as pointed to by the wiki
page... the biggest thing i see is that a lot of stuff, stuff i would have
thought would have been documented first, is simply not documented...

> I don't know if such a file even exist and/or (how) it is possible to build it
> from the svn sources.

yeah, me either...

> (Se the lots of recent discussions on the help system that pointed out the
> benefits of DocView.)

i've been watching it... even posted a message or two in it/them i think ;)

once i get past this lhelp stuff, then docview is next on my list to look at :P