[Lazarus] installing chm help

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Feb 15 22:17:07 CET 2012

On 2/15/2012 11:39, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> Sending again on-list now:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 5:26 PM, waldo kitty<wkitty42 at windstream.net>  wrote:
>> uhh... reserved words are not keywords... at least not in my 30+ year old
>> coding book of terms... and definitely not in my ~50 years of life
>> experience :?
>
>    From your first e-mail in this thread:
>
>> placed the cursor on a>>>pascal keyword (ie: implementation<<<  in the currently opened file from when i opened the lhelp.lpi), pressed F1 and... no help :(
>
>    From that I understood that you placed the cursor in the
> "implementation" reserved word and pressed F1 and called it a keyword.

yes, i did place the cursor on the word "implementation"... yes, i called it a
"keyword" because it is a keyword into the index of the help document structure...

my apologies for any confusion... situations like this will, however, happen
because there are only enough words to describe something... in the above,
"implementation" is a reserved word in the language but when searching
documentation, it is an/the index key word...

we need to figure what to call these things so that we can avoid this confusion
in the future... especially in this discussion... i've already seen numerous
other similar confusion incidents in this topic, too :?