[Lazarus] installing chm help

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Feb 16 05:40:57 CET 2012

On 2/15/2012 17:50, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 15 February 2012 19:58, waldo kitty  wrote:
>>
>> @graeme: does docview work with chm files? i haven't looked at it, yet, if
>> if does, i'm curious if it will find things that lhelp doesn't in the same
>> chm files when invoked by placing the cursor on a {dang, what terms to
>> use??} word in the IDE and hitting F1 (or CTRL-F1 for docview as an external
>> app)...
>
> No, DocView uses INF help files.

i kinda thought this would be the case with all the reading i've been doing on
everything related to the help laz/fpc system(s)... and since i /still/ run OS/2
Warp 3 Connect on my main front line system, this type of stuff can be very
important... especially if i develop an app on win32 and also need to compile
the code on OS2 where it is intended to be anyway...

> They are much more optimised for size and speed - compared to CHM (which is
> basically just a zip file of HTML pages).

actually, i do remember this difference being brought up years ago when M$ "took
their toys and stomped off home"... size is also a major factor in much of what
i deal with... even moreso since much of it deals with older hardware with
/maybe/ 256Meg of RAM... lucky to see 512Meg...