[Lazarus] installing chm help

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Feb 16 12:49:25 CET 2012

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:30:44 +0100
Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

> On 02/15/2012 06:38 PM, Andrew Haines wrote:
> > When you press F1 in lazarus it performs it's own search of what it is
> > looking for. If it finds something it presents a list of possible
> > results if there are more than one.
> Where does Lazarus (I suppose you mean the IDE ) search ?

It asks the registered help databases. See View / IDE internals /
About IDE / help.
The help databases do the real search and how they do that is
completely up to them.

> If it finds anything does it call the Help viewer via the Help Package
> interface (i.e. can the help viewer add some info) or does it organize
> the output on its own ?

If no db found anything, then the IDE shows an error message.
If multiple db found something, then the IDE shows a dialog to choose.
If only one db found something, then the IDE calls the help viewer of
the mime type.

Mattias