[Lazarus] Anchoring buttons (or other graphical elements)

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 16 19:04:34 CET 2012

Jürgen Hestermann schrieb:

> I just remember the situation that made me wonder about the alignment
> algorithm:
>
> If I align the *top* of an element B to the *top* of another element A
> then any margin defined in A is ignored. Only the margin values for B
> are valid. This looks quite inconsistent to me.

IMO that's due to the specification. When a user wants to align the
sides of controls, then he wants the *visible* edges aligned. The
additional spacing instead is based on the idea of *cells*, which exceed
the visual parts of the controls. Now tell whether the alignment is
based on the control sides with or without border spacing? :-(

DoDi