[Lazarus] installing chm help

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Feb 17 09:44:14 CET 2012

On 02/17/2012 08:11 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>  Thus, you can't have both CHM and INF help packages installed together.
While I don't know if installing both help packages makes any sense at
all (as the content of both is derived from the same sources and thus
should be equivalent), it should be rather easy to implement a kind of
switch in the IDE's menu to select the help package to be used, if
multiple ones are installed. I suppose the IDE accesses the features of
the help package/database via some "help package object", so switching
would just be modifying one (or just a few)  pointers.

While it might not make much sense to install both (and in realtime be
able to switch between) two offline help viewers, I feel it does make
sense to switch between an online and an offline help viewer, if both
packages are installed. (If the offline help viewer is not an
appropriate package, IMHO, it should be converted to be one. I even
think using DocView with online information provided by some
"HTTP-INF-Server" might be very nice.)

-Michael