[Lazarus] installing chm help

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 10:54:58 CET 2012

On 17 February 2012 11:13, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at ... wrote:
> of Lazarus features won't work (not only the help). That's why the source is
> bundled with the Windows installers

First off, I don't run Windows. Also, in that case way isn't the FPC
source a mandatory install for other platforms?  ps: I use Linux.

> and also why the IDE asks you to provide
> a source directory on first start with an empty configuration (this is new
> in trunk).

It never told me features will then be broken! On setting up a new
development system in a hurry I often don't have the sources installed
'till much later (I just copy the binaries over). My desktop at home
is a case in point - my laptop packed up a few weeks back, and I still
haven't installed all the source code to everything I use. Yet I have
done lots of development work at home, by simply using the existing
binaries.

  - Graeme -