[Lazarus] Android Target GUI

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 11:38:42 CET 2012

On 17 February 2012 12:05, Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:
> On 02/17/2012 10:27 AM, Sven Barth wrote:
>>

>> Also the XML layouts allows for a more clean seperation of layout and code
>> ;)
>>
> Which is desirable for appropriately schooled programmers but very uncommon
> in the "RAD-infected" Lazarus and Delphi community ;-) .

Actually, Delphi and Lazarus also use external files for the UI. But
instead of XML, they are some pascal object files (*.lfm & *.dfm).

Now if you were talking about fpGUI's UI Designer, then yes, there the
UI code is generated as source code. But, I still have clear
separation between UI and business code/objects. The form unit is what
I consider the UI, so the UI Designer is welcome to write code inside
that. My business objects, eg TLearner, TSchool etc are in separate
units, learner.pas and school.pas, respectively. The business objects
know nothing about the UI.  ;-)

  - Graeme -