[Lazarus] Lazarus trunk help options: CHM Help browser does not show up

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 13:25:24 CET 2012

On 17-2-2012 10:35, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> On 17-2-2012 10:24, Sven Barth wrote:
>> Am 17.02.2012 10:22, schrieb Reinier Olislagers:
>>> Now I've got you reading: a question on the help options screen itself:
>>> what does FPC Doc HTML path stand for? HTML files generated by FPDoc?
>>> FPC documentation in HTML format?
>>> Perhaps a tooltip/hint on what that editbox means would indeed be handy,
>>> as mentioned in the wiki...
>>
>> Did you install the CHM help package in the IDE?
>
> <blush>
> Spot on, Sven, thanks.
> Mmmm, chmhelp was marked for installation in my tests, but not
> installed. Recompiled & it worked.
>
> Probable reason: fpcup got modularized and I hadn't built Lazarus...
>
> I'll retest from a more basic state.
Yep, sorry, rerunning complete fpcup builds working IDE with CHM help
viewer and LCL.chm.

Now going to see if I can either persuade fpdoc to spit out rtl.chm and
fcl.chm, or download the latest release versions... et voila, working
offline help installed for free with your Lazarus SVN copy ;) (oh.. and
Graeme, with FPC source as well... SCNR...)

Thanks,
Reinier