[Lazarus] Custom Controls package cannot be found

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Feb 22 16:15:08 CET 2012

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:49:03 +0200
Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I update my Trunk version of Lazarus today. My update process normally
> includes the following:
>
> 1) Get the latest source code
> 2) do a "make bigide"

I hope you did a "make bigideclean bidide".

> 3) Run Lazarus IDE
> 4) Recompile Lazarus via the "Tools - Configure 'build lazarus'"
>     This last step is so that my custom packages (eg: leaktest,
> editortoolbar etc) are installed.
>

> Before today, my last update of Lazarus trunk was November 2011.

AFAIK at that time Felipe started the customdrawn controls. Maybe there
were some things wrong.

> Anyway, all went fine up to Step 3. In Step 4 I got an error from the
> customcontrols package that cannot be found.

Is the name correct? Was it really "customcontrols"?

> It seems to be a new
> default included package (I didn't select it myself), but Lazarus
> can't seem to find it. It also complained about a missing unit (see
> attached screenshot).

The screenshot shows: customdrawncontrols.pas
This unit is in the directory lcl belongs to lclbase.lpk. Before that it
was in the customdrawn package.

> To get around this problems I had to uninstall
> the package via "Packages - Install/Uninstall packages" menu. Then
> rebuild the IDE - which worked.
>
> Anyway, I didn't know where this missing unit lives, and I don't know
> why Lazarus couldn't find it in the first place, considering that it
> seems to be a default selected/installed package of Lazarus.

Mattias