[Lazarus] Custom Controls package cannot be found

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 09:42:51 CET 2012

On 22 February 2012 17:23, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> Try removing lcl/units and components/customdrawn/units and try again

OK, I thought I would try one at a time first - to more accurately
pinpoint the exact cause.

I didn't have a components/customdrawn/units/ directory, but I did
have a components/customdrawn/lib/ directory.

Removing that 'lib' directory, and then trying to rebuild the IDE via
the 'Tools > Configure Build Lazarus' worked!

So that simply means there was outdated compiled units left behind. So
why didn't 'make clean' as I originally ran it, or the 'make
bigideclean' as Mattias suggested clean out this directory?

So the 'make clean<whatever>' doesn't actually do a very good job. :-(

Anyway, thanks for finding a solution to my problem. Now all that
remains, is fixing the 'make clean...' issue.

  - Graeme -