[Lazarus] Custom Controls package cannot be found

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 22:06:52 CET 2012

On 23 February 2012 19:10, Lukasz Sokol <el.es.cr at gmail.com> wrote:

> ... which can be 'accidentally' damaged (e.g by format change between versions,
> rollbacks etc) and what then...? :)

LOL! You better install git so see how funny that statement is.

The file in question looks as follows...

--------[ .gitignore   or    .git/info/exclude ]------------
# Lines that start with '#' are comments.
# For a project mostly in C, the following would be a good set of
# exclude patterns (uncomment them if you want to use them):
# *.[oa]
# *~
lazarus
startlazarus
*.ppu
# here the extension can be .o or .a
*.[oa]
# here I want to ignore a whole directory
mycustomfiles/
---------------------------------

There is hardly a "file format" that could be broken. Each line is
simply a name of a directory, file or a file mask. Regex could be used
too. This are pretty standard stuff if you know what a "file mask" is.

Anyway, it was just a suggestion for a tool for the lazarus project.
The current makefile system sucks (too many options, hard to edit,
screwed if you got an update before a clean etc), and fpmake might
reach the light of day just before I die (I don't plan to die soon).
fpmake has its share of problems too, so it will be interesting to see
how FPC manages it. I found heaps of problems trying to integrate it
with fpGUI. In the end, simple console utilities/tools still rock the
house!

  - Graeme -