[Lazarus] Synedit and search/replace

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Feb 25 19:20:45 CET 2012

On 25/02/2012 16:48, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Is my understanding correct that in order to get Synedit's replace
> facility working, one has to write a custom OnReplaceText handler?
>
> What does this in the source do:
>
> CurReplace:=AReplace;
> if ssoRegExpr in AOptions then
>   CurReplace:=fTSearch.RegExprReplace;
>
> Is there (partial) support for regex-based S&R, and if so how does one
> use it?

What is wrong with:
replace one (first after x/y = 1/1)
   SynEdit1.SearchReplaceEx('a(.)', 'b$1', [ssoReplace, ssoRegExpr],
Point(1,1));

or replace all (after x/y = 1/1)
   SynEdit1.SearchReplaceEx('a(.)', 'b$1', [ssoReplaceAll, ssoRegExpr],
Point(1,1));

SynEdit has no build-in confirm dialog, if that is what you mean