[Lazarus] Why the Java became so strong?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 11:10:22 CET 2012

On 26 February 2012 10:31, Mark Morgan Lloyd  wrote:
> used as a system programming language. My own experience indicates that as
> soon as you start using a 4GL or similar for anything that the implementors
> didn't think of you're in very deep water.

I guess in my 5 years of Turbo Pascal and 15 years of Object
Pascal/Delphi, I haven't stepped in deep water yet. Or I was very
lucky, or I simply found alternative programming solutions for all my
"deep water" problems. :-)

Ultimately though, I still say: "Use the right tool for the job."
Object Pascal has just been flexible enough, that it could be my tool
of choice for the last 15+ years.

  - Graeme -