[Lazarus] What is the most widely used Pascal on Linux and other Unix variants?

Vincent Snijders vincent.snijders at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:01:21 CET 2012

Op 27 februari 2012 12:45 heeft Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think Vincent is asking where you got the numbers you quoted.  Or did you
>> just make them up?  I.e. "citation needed".
>
> I invented the numbers. But if anyone thinks they are not realistic,
> just get the download numbers for FPC and Lazarus, compare with other
> competing projects, and prove me wrong.

On debian, it is not so popular compared with gpc:
Look at http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=fpc
and http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=gpc-4.1

I'd say fpc is about 3-4 (and not 20-100) times as popular based on
these figures, so fpc holding maximum 80% of the market share.

Vincent