[Lazarus] Why the Java became so strong?

Massimo Soricetti notturno at quipo.it
Tue Feb 28 16:20:43 CET 2012

Il 28/02/2012 16:01, Hans-Peter Diettrich ha scritto:
> Yes, much time is spent on the *code*, on mass instead of quality.
> No, the *documentation* is in an horrible state.
>
> Every possible user will need some documentation, before he starts to
> write code. As he doesn't find such documentation, he'll never start
> using Lazarus.
>
> The Lazarus team continues to ignore the importance of documentation,
> and refuses to contribute even the most important details themselves.
>
> No wonder why Lazarus is only used by frustrated Delphi users, and
> even these will drop Lazarus sooner or later, for different but
> continued frustration.

+1000

I agree absolutely. Trying to use a complex entity as
Lazarus+FPC+LCL+packages without extensive documentation it's a
delusion, and this should be obvious to every programmer in the world
nowadays.

Either the guys in Lazarus team plans to take advantage of the original
Embarcadero helpfiles by compatibility virtue or plainly just does not
give a thing for doc'ing how everything works :-(
It's a huge mistake.