[Lazarus] Project management

Everton Vieira tonvieira at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 01:44:07 CET 2012

Em 28/02/2012, às 19:02, Juha Manninen escreveu:

> 2012/2/28 Everton Vieira <tonvieira at gmail.com>
> About the project management is something like the bug tracker but not for bugs. With all that richness that has a project management: projects, teams, head members, status of it, code already done, code to be done, ideas about it, discussions on, notes from everyone, and so on.
>
> This was the best idea so far. I think there is open source project management programs available. However there is a big difference between professionally run SW projects and hobby open source projects:
>
> Professional projects in a company environment have a known number of developers who all will work a known period of time every day.
> If you can estimate how many man-hours a certain task will take then you can divide the tasks and estimate the whole project's development time.
>
> In a hobby project things are different. Nobody can promise exact number of hours to work on the project. Also, developers often do what they want based on personal preferences, not following some project manager's orders. This actually makes it fun to work in an open source project.
> Everton, did you consider these things in your suggestion?

I think can be adapted.

> It would be mostly a ToDo list with task assignments and maybe time estimates. In fact the wiki already has such info although it is outdated.
>
> I am still thinking, do you need the project management data for getting a suitable task for yourself, or is it more like "nice to know"?

I think would be better for everyone.

> It may also be an illusion from your side that contributing code to a big project becomes easy if only there was a project manager with a nice list of tasks.

I think it would be easy with more info about it.

> No, you will have to browse and study the existing code for hours and hours before you start to understand it enough to make intelligent changes.

I think it would be easy with more info about it.

> When you do it, other developers will be very helpful through the mailing list, I promise. Now you clearly have not even looked at the code.

I`ve looked yes, some of it, not all for sure, but i do not see how this make any difference on this subject.

> Juha

But, of course, if you don`t think is a good idea, then ok.

Sure i`m not here to convince anybody of nothing. I`m only proposing ideas. Only that.
Sure if this ideas don`t found resonance i would be the last to try to convince anybody.
I simply don`t have the energy to do this struggling.