[Lazarus] Missing Documentation

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Feb 29 11:33:41 CET 2012

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:24:31 +0100
Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

> On 02/29/2012 11:10 AM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > I started it.
> Please elaborate.

I started a tool to download the wiki and convert it to other formats.
I'm still evaluating possibilities.

> Is the wiki supposed to be the upcoming help source, thus invalidating
> FPDoc and friends ?

Are you kidding?
fpdoc is great.

> In fact I don't have a decent opinion on whether this is a good idea,
> but I do recommend considering the implications (including calculating a
> timeframe for making the transition i.e. importing all FPDoc generated
> files into the wiki, providing tools for  importing the Pascal sources
> in a way FPDoc does, exporting  The Wiki content to (what ??) offline
> help viewer, managing comments or "levels" in the viewer for allowing
> the help writers to decently organize their work - as an svn, allowing
> local modifications, for the wiki content is not available).

There are many possibilities. Abandoning fpdoc is none of them.

> > Have you even tried to edit wiki or use the fpdoc editor?
> Re Wiki:
> Up til now I did not know that the Wiki is even considered as the main
> help content source, so why do any modifications there which will die
> quite soon ?

You must be kidding.

> Re FPDoc:
> Why should I do this, if I am not able to create help viewer files that
> allow me to view my modifications and be sure that I did not destroy
> anything ?

Showing is simple: Just move the mouse over an identifier.
About destroying: You apparently have not tried it.

Mattias