[Lazarus] Missing Documentation

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Feb 29 13:04:32 CET 2012

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, Michael Schnell wrote:

> On 02/29/2012 12:54 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
>>
>> Michael already wrote in one of the recent discussions that he wants to
>> create a webpage (using fpweb of course ;) ) that will allow to edit the
>> FPDoc help entries (I'll try to find the mail).
>>
>> Also there is always the way that works today: edit the entry yourself and
>> provide a patch.
>>
>> Once you've shown enough interest in documentation work you might be
>> granted SVN access to the documentation directory.
>>
> To me this sounds totally wrong. I will not provide a patch for something
> that I can't decently review first. This wastes the time of the reviewing
> "core member".

Do you simetimes actually listen to what we say here ?

You can perfectly review your changes in at least 2 ways:

1. Hover the mouse over the identifier in the IDE. The IDE will show you the
updated entry of fpdoc.

2. Simply generate the docs in whatever format you want. If DoDi can, then
so can you. It's not black magic, it's using Dodi's tool, makefiles or in
the worst case write a batch file that generates the docs for you.

All needed tools are in subversion. Generating HTML docs is very easy. All
you need is fpdoc. It is even documented, would you believe it...

Michael.