[Lazarus] Missing Documentation

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 14:27:45 CET 2012

On 29 February 2012 13:25, Michael Schnell  wrote:
> offline help from the svn sources and failed multiple times (in action with
> DocView, even trying to find out how this should be done with CHM.)

I created new LCL help in INF format over the weekend, using fpdoc
from latest 2.7.1. The only issue I came across was due to a malformed
xml file in LCL. I minor tweak, splitting one line into two lines by
pressing Enter, of the generated lcl.ipf file, and I could compile
that to a binary INF file - no problems.

I have no idea what was all the fuss a week or two ago about
restructuring the LCL help. Maybe it is something specific with HTML
output, but I didn't experience any real issues with the IPF output.

The new INF help generated from fpdoc files, now have a nice
hyperlinked class hierarchy as well with each class description. A
patch for fpdoc will be supplied soon.

> Supposedly I am just too stupid for this task :(

That could possibly be. ;-)

  - Graeme -