[Lazarus] Missing Documentation

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 14:45:48 CET 2012

On 29 February 2012 15:36, Michael Schnell  wrote:

> It's a bit frustrating to see Graeme, DoDi, Sven and others try to improve
> the help itself and especially the help generation process, while I can't
> see the common "final goal" in focus (one or more online and offline
> versatile help viewers / file formats being fed and automatically synced
> from a well defined source tree for all issues (help on help, ide, compiler,
> language, rtl, lcl, user additions, ...)

[ I apologise if I sound frustrated with you, but it probably is because I am. ]

* fpdoc is well documented. So usage should not be a problem.
* LCL, fpGUI etc all come with easy scripts to generate the class documentation
   in various formats.
* RTL, LCL docs come as pre-built binary help for your convenience, but you can
  build them yourself too. That too is documented.
* Docview (binary release download) includes the docview.inf help
file, describing in
  detail every feature of docview (thus help on help). It even
includes a section called
  "For Authors and Developers", where it again explains in detail how
to use the IPF
  Compiler to compile your IPF help source into binary INF help files.

THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!

RTFM

  - Graeme -