[Lazarus] Can't compile trunk with fpc 2.4.5 under ubuntu

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Feb 29 17:10:53 CET 2012

On 02/29/2012 03:40 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> The XE code is the same for AnsiString(0). Other encodings are either
> ignored, when functions with RawByteString arguments are present, or
> are converted automatically what most probably causes wrong results.

RawByteString = ANSIString($FFFF)

Same can't get converted to any predefined coding, as it's coding is not
known.

The other part of (e.g.) a "+" can't get converted either (as there is
no point in converting it to $FFFF.

No Idea what the result looks like, if it's defined by type $FFFF. If it
gets some other dynamic encoding tag but $FFFF this could be considered
contradicting it's type (which is ANSIString($FFFF) ), otherwise
ANSIString($FFFF) could be considered "truly dynamically typed" which I
remember you denied in another discussion.

Sorry that I can't test this with XE2 :( .

-Michael