[Lazarus] Missing Documentation

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed Feb 29 18:15:09 CET 2012

Marc Santhoff schrieb:

> Where is the process of building up help files documented? Seen from my
> current knowledge there are many new tools and facts I do not know or
> understand.

In the source directories, i.e. in $fpcdocs (wherever you checked it
out), or in Lazarus/docs/html. The procedures vary, depending on the
platform.

> If not already done or trivial, I'd suggest writing or better drawing a
> chart of the targets, sources and tools to use when wanting to write
> documentation.

See e.g. http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Documentation, in
detail "7 Missing documentation?"

> Although this may sound ugly to some of you, some sort of graph with
> notes and explanations would be very easy readable and understandable.

Right, but I don't want to contribute to the wiki, because it is too
unstructured, and I cannot find in it what I need :-(

DoDi