[Lazarus] Lazarus on Ubuntu: Pixbuf again

Удав Каа udav_kaa at bk.ru
Fri Jan 13 16:51:56 CET 2012

Hello all.
I'm completely upset. Tried to install Lazarus on Ubuntu 10.04, installed from repository but got "libpixbuf not found" error on any project compile. Nasty disaster is that there's NO   libpixbuf for my OS. I tried rebuilding Lazarus with NoGdkPixBufLib defined and succeeded but that hasn't given any results. My empty form project as well as example projects fail to compile with the same message. AAARRRGHHH!!!
How could I blow this damned lib out from Lazarus?

P.S. I tried building from source too. That was another epic history of tortures. I managed to build FPC but Laz refuses to locale system.pas and other units whatever I did. I tried Lazarus debs from sourceforge but there are dozen of them without any main package so I had to install them one by one. Alas, half of them even coudn't be installed because they require  libpixbuf

Please help. I've lost the whole day for these manipulations and going really crazy %-(