[Lazarus] moving a project and its files

Roberto P. padovani.r at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 09:14:00 CET 2012

Hi List,

I need to move a project from a folder to another one; I tried using
"publish project", but not all files belonging to it were moved.
Also the hierarchy was lost; my projects always have the following folder
structure:
project_folder
\------------------- project.lpi
\------------------- project.lpr
\------------------- project.exe
\------------------- UnitMain.pas
\------------------- UnitMain.lfm
    ... other "main" files ...
\------------------- src\
\--------------------------- UnitDebug.pas
\--------------------------- UnitOther.pas
    ... other source files ...
\------------------- obj\
\--------------------------- all the files that are automatically created
during build.

I then tried to "Save project as" into the new folder and then moving all
the following:
*.lfm
*.pas
*.lpi
*.lpr

but then it complains that there are missing resources.
The original project was created with lazarus 0.9.28.2 and now I'm using an
own built 0.9.31 (specific svn r30999), so the resource management has
changed.
I then removed all $I with .lrs and added the {$R *.res}

Finally, it compiles and build fine.......but:  the main form doesn't show
up when the application starts !!!
Of course I can see it and change in the IDE, I checked it is listed in the
Forms List.....

What can i check next ?
BTW, what is the correct "project move" procedure? (given that publishing
it has missed a lot of files).
Finally, any opinion on my choice of project folder structure? Any better
suggestion?

Thanks all!

  R#