[Lazarus] Cycle vs. Circle errors

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Jan 3 18:43:34 CET 2012

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 15:24:24 -0300
"marcelo.bp" <marcelo.bp at netsite.com.br> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> That got me ! I know what a circle reference is, but can anyone explain with more details what a “cycle reference” is, please!

I'm not a native English speaker, so maybe both are bad English.

It should indicate that the (package) graph has a cycle. For example
when two packages depend on each other. Because packages are compiled
one after the other, a cycle is not supported aka invalid.

The term "circle" was translated from German graph theory, but the
common words in English graph theory are "cycle" and "cyclic".

> I need a suggestion to translate this to portuguese. Usually an “invalid circle” is translated as “referência circular inválida”,
> but right now i am confused with this new term, maybe that classic M$ error “Erro de redundância cíclica”
>
> Any help will be welcomed.

Mattias