[Lazarus] Cycle vs. Circle errors

marcelo.bp marcelo.bp at netsite.com.br
Thu Jan 5 15:39:12 CET 2012

Thanks William,

You clarified my doubt.

About the context, if you didn´t read the other posts on this subject, we were discussing the terminology for this kind
of reference errors. Lazarus adopted the word “cycle” where Delphi, like in your example, used “circular”. I think Mattias
already reviewed this. In portuguese i will maintain what i used before that is “referência circular”.

About the term “endless loop”, i think “infinite loop” is more common in “programmer´s language” :) Although i can live
with the term “endless loop”.

Regards,

Marcelo.